Friday, September 21, 2012

Ordering the iPhone 5

The iPhone 5 was launched today, and opting to order it from the comfort of my home, I decided to book it online instead of joining the expectedly-ridiculously-long queues. This should save me lots of time and frustration, I thought.

It turns that out trying to book it online via M1's website was an equally frustrating experience. To sum it up in a few steps:

Step 1a: Login to M1shop. 
Step 1b: Wait and reload several times.
Step 2a: Select iPhone 5, 32GB.
Step 2b: Wait and reload several times.
Step 3a: System tells me that I need to be logged in to make a transaction. (I thought I was logged in already?) System then prompts me to key in my NRIC and password again. 
Step 3b: Wait and reload several times.
Step 4: System throws me back to M1 home page. 
Step 5: Repeat from step 1.

Damn you, M1. It's one thing for server loads to be stressed due to high traffic, but such system flaws are unforgivable. I did the above steps more than ten times, until the 32GB model was sold out. Then I gave up, while still cursing M1 under my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment