Friday, February 22, 2013

A blessing in disguise?

I fell sick recently. It was nothing major; just a slight fever that went away in a day. But in hindsight, I was really glad it happened.

On the day I fell sick, I ate too much for lunch (ordered too much at Hong Lim Food Centre). And it made me immensely uncomfortable, probably exacerbated by the fact that a fever was coming three hours later. During my company dinner that very same day, I think I ate only a third of my usual portion.

All this while, I have been thinking of cutting down on my food intake for health reasons. But I was never really successful, mainly due to a lack of discipline. This fever simplified things, because I started from a smaller appetite. It was far easier to start from this point compared to 'starving' myself if things hadn't changed. Of course, only a week has passed, but I have managed to gain momentum - I think my body is slowly adapting to a smaller food intake, and I get full more easily.

Next was my energy level. Being sick forced me to rest. And one long night of sleep did wonders in helping my body recuperate. I felt much more energetic when I had recovered, and started the work week seemingly anew.

But this coincided with a particularly busy week, and by the end of the sixty-odd-hour week, I was back to feeling exhausted. Had better recuperate this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment