Wednesday, April 2, 2014

D-I-Y lah

I had lunch with a friend recently, and she mentioned that just several days ago, she was taking a taxi with her two kids. The taxi driver appeared to be rather odd and eccentric - his driving was a bit unsteady, he didn't seem to have his eyes on the road most of the time, and he kept on having his head bowed down, as if he was doing something at his waist level (she suspected that he was peeing into a bottle, but also clarified that there was no pee smell in the taxi).

My friend said she was terrified. Not just for herself, but for her kids. So I asked if she tried talking to the taxi driver to capture his attention. 

"No I didn't! I refuse to speak to him, he is such a weirdo!" she cried.  

"Then what did you do?" I asked.

"I prayed."

Somewhere at the back of my mind, I felt like telling her off. When you are able to try something to alleviate the situation, why not do it yourself? Don't just pray and push everything to your God!

If I were God, I would definitely be damn pissed and wish that humans would just stop pushing every little trivial thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment