Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wisdom tooth extraction



During a dental follow-up, I was told that my upper left wisdom tooth had to be removed as well, because it was growing out too much. I guess that without the lower left wisdom tooth as its 'support' too, it will probably get worse. It was only an extraction, not a surgery, so it wasn't a big deal. I went to get it removed it yesterday.

It was over in minutes. The first few jabs stung a bit, but after that I felt nothing and was considerably surprised to find that the tooth was already out. 

Now I know why a wisdom tooth surgery requires 5 days of MC while an extraction only warrants 1 day. Just a few hours later, I was practically eating like normal, unlike the 1-2 weeks of discomfort after the surgery. 

My lower right wisdom tooth is fine, so it is remaining where it is. The upper one is still buried inside my gum, and I hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment