Friday, February 10, 2012

Sushi Express @ Citylink Mall

I had a concert to catch at Esplanade this evening, and being a bit tired of My Humble House at Esplanade, my friends and I decided to try Sushi Express, which serves conveyor belt sushi. I was on leave so I reached just before 630pm, and got one of the last table seats for the 3 of us. A few minutes later, there was a long queue outside, so I guess I arrived at just the right time. Prior to this, I had no idea how popular this place was. 

The pricing is very simple - everything is $1.50, and there is a free flow of hot tea. Being priced so low (even lower than Sakae Sushi, and I already think Sakae Sushi's quality is at unacceptable levels) I had my reservations, but it turned out quite all right - if you know what to order. 

There's no point evaluating dish by dish, especially since the three of us had twenty nine plates of sushi together, but what I can do is to list down what to order and what not to order.

This was less than half of what we ordered

Should order:
- Salmon sashimi (choose carefully though, some are not fresh)
- Seared salmon belly (this was very good!)

Don't order:
- Uni sushi (the uni is too small and not fresh)
- Cheesecake (no taste of cheesecake at all)
- Mango pudding (low quality)

The rest were arguably decent, but for $1.50 per plate, you can't really complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment