Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wedding @ Fullerton Hotel

I attended a friend's wedding at The Fullerton Hotel today. It was held during lunch, and everything pretty much went perfectly. 

Well, everything except the food. 

I have never eaten such yucky food in a wedding before. Seriously. One of my friends left after three dishes because she couldn't take it anymore. It was really a pity, because the ballroom setting was nice, the bride and groom decided to do things differently like performing for the guests etc (I am honestly very sick of weddings that follow the same template), and even the door gifts, which I usually don't bother to take, are good (Molton Brown body wash and body lotion). But the food... urgh. 

The cold platter consisted of sauteed chicken thigh, baby octopus, taro, and fried spring roll. All were decent at best. The shark's fin was not homogeneous and still had globs of starch inside. The scallops and asparagus were still okay, but the steamed sea bass was stale. The crispy roasted chicken was totally cold and not crispy at all, while the fried rice tasted too bland.

After the wedding, I felt that the fishball noodles I had for breakfast were way better than what Fullerton Hotel served. And now I know why another friend told me before that after she attended a wedding there, she and her friends went for McDonald's immediately after. Because even McDonald's tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment