Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fandango Tapas & Wine Bar @ Chijmes

Fandango Tapas & Wine Bar, at Chijmes. Again, another restaurant on the Palate program, so my gf and I enjoyed a 50% discount (prices below are before discount). As the name suggests, it serves tapas.

Chorizo sausage in piri piri sauce, $16
Piri piri is a kind of African chilli, but this dish wasn't spicy at all. Chorizo sausage is a rather strong-flavoured food, but this was quite mild. It wasn't obscured by the sauce, because the sauce wasn't strong either.


Patatas Bravas, $10
Potato wedges, with a supposedly hot salsa sauce. The least satisfactory among all the dishes we ordered. 


Truffle fries, $12
I am a sucker for truffle, so I ordered this without hesitation. One could see the generous serving of truffle salt on the fries, but the truffle salt just wasn't as good as what I have tasted elsewhere. I am assuming that it is of a lower grade, as the truffle scent and taste did not stand out. The texture of the fries was a bit off - it broke up too easily, so it was a hassle trying to eat it with a fork. 


Seared tuna loin, $18
Ah, the best dish of all. The tuna was fresh and done just nicely, and when eaten with the sauce, it really hits the spot. 


Beer braised beef, $14
Taste-wise, this was all right, although I couldn't taste the beer at all. The mushrooms were good, but the beef was a little tough. 


Calamari rings, $12
Calamari rings is a common dish everywhere, but they managed to differentiate theirs from the rest. And the reason lies in its spice - I have no idea what spice it was, but it gave the calamari a unique flavour that at least made an impression.


Being quite close to my office, Fandango Tapas & Wine Bar is another place I can consider adding to my list of dinner-places after work. Although there were some misses in what we ordered, there is still quite a variety of other dishes that one can order. Their menu can be found here. Service was also excellent, so dining here was quite an enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment