Friday, May 18, 2012

Ramen Keisuke Dining @ Millenia Walk

Having tried their watarikani ramen (crab stock ramen), we decided to try something different - their shio and shoyu ramen. 


Shoyu ramen with flavoured egg, $13
I must say that I was really disappointed with this bowl of ramen. While the egg was still as good as before, the soup was a big let-down. I ordered 'strong' for my soup, which came out too salty. But even if it wasn't that salty, one could tell that the taste of the shoyu (soy sauce) was not prominent, and there was even a very slight tinge of sourness in the soup. Baikohken has the best shoyu ramen I have tried so far; will blog about it soon.


Shio ramen with flavoured egg, $13
Shio actually stands for salt, and the soup is obviously clearer, made with salt and chicken or vegetable stock. Among the four standard types of ramen soup - shio, shoyu, tonkotsu, and miso - shio is the lightest and healthiest of all. (Which is why I usually don't order it. I like my soup to be thick and rich.) But I must still say that this bowl is still much better than the shoyu ramen.


I definitely should stick to their watarikani ramen next time. For the tonkotsu version, I can just visit their other outlet Tonkotsu King at Tanjong Pagar.

Past visits:
4th January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment