Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

Batman takes on Bane, in The Dark Knight Rises. Source: CNN

With all the hype about how good The Dark Knight Rises was, I watched it with high expectations. Significantly high expectations, actually. So I was a little disappointed after watching it, especially with all the loopholes. Here are some that I noticed, and I am pretty sure there are more that I missed out.

1) Didn't the doctor say the cartilage in Bruce Wayne's kneecap was totally gone? How did it get healed totally with just a knee brace? I would love one of those for my back.

2) Wasn't Batman out of action for eight years? How did he still manage to fight so well after that? Heck, if I hadn't exercised for just half a year, I think I would be panting ten times as hard as him after fighting some thugs...

3) Regarding Bruce Wayne's bankruptcy via fraudulent trading in put options - trading should be suspended immediately when the trading floor was stormed. A trade of that magnitude, especially after an attack, should raise a lot of warning bells and take quite a bit of time to clear.  And come on, who trades using fingerprints? I don't even think the NYSE has a biometric system for accepting trades via fingerprints! Maybe I am wrong. But on the whole, it seems like a too-convenient excuse by the director to make Bruce Wayne bankrupt. 

4) Gotham seems to be very efficient in cutting off the power to someone who didn't pay their bills in just a short while.

5) How did Bruce Wayne return to Gotham City from that hellhole (which looks like it is located at the other side of the world) in just six hours, without any resources? And he looked like he just came out from the bath - clean, dressed up, and shaven. 

6) Which brings me to my next point. How did he even get into Gotham City, considering that all the bridges were closely guarded by the police and he had nothing? No suit, no submarine, no Batpod, no Batplane, no shit...


Having said all of that, if it was still reasonably enjoyable (although it felt like the whole Inception cast migrated over to this movie). Tom Hardy's acting was really good, considering that with his nose and mouth covered, he could only express himself mainly via his eyes. And I really liked Anne Hathaway (a lot of my female friends disagreed with me, though), especially how she was riding the Batpod and uh, how she got off the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment