Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Beacon @ Marina Square

A new addition to the Palate program, I came here with my gf for dinner on a weekend. Our experience was such that we vowed never to come here again, and I have summarised them into several points.
  1. The normal table seats were extremely uncomfortable. The stand of the table was a huge square block, and there was no space to put my legs. I ended up sitting quite a distance away from the table and actually had to thrust my neck and body forward in order to eat properly. This is one of the most impractical table designs I have ever encountered.
  2. The waiters were inexperienced, and service standards were poor. Our waiter gave us just one menu to share, and stood there looking at us straining our necks (we were sitting opposite each other) until my gf told him quite pointedly to give us one more menu.
  3. The food was disappointing. We ordered two starters and two main courses. The fried calamari rings were actually quite decent, while the chef's salad looked cheap and tasted like something a child could prepare. My pasta was dry and dull, while my gf's ravioli was too cheesy. We ended up not finishing our food and left as soon as we could.
The place was quite empty even on a weekend, but this should be partially due to its poor location (at the outskirts of Marina Square, facing the road). It's a pity the food was so poor, as I like to visit places that are relatively unknown and crowd-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment