Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ramen Bar Suzuki @ Circular Road

A newly opened ramen shop this year, Ramen Bar Suzuki offers three choices for their soup broth - white, black, and red, which was somewhat similar to Menya Musashi. As I have always preferred stronger flavours, I chose their black broth, which supposedly had squid ink and garlic.

Unlimited servings of potato salad, hard boiled eggs, and pickled bean sprouts were also available, but I found that their pickled bean sprouts were not as good as Ramen Keisuke Dining's.


Black Tonkotsu Ramen with Egg, $14.90

Once the ramen came, my first thought was "egg fail". It was not presented nicely, and some parts of the egg yolk was also too cooked. The second noticeable thing was that their noodles were much thinner than usual, and actually reminded me of wanton noodles. It was a bit too soggy, though. 

The soup gave me mixed feelings. On one hand, it was still quite flavourful. But on the other hand, the flavour did not seem to come from long hours of brewing pork bones (which I would prefer).


Ramen Bar Suzuki is still a decent place to drop by for ramen. But personally, I would still prefer Baikohken, which is just a minute away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment