Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ramen Santouka @ Central

Intended to visit Ramen Bar Suzuki today for lunch, but when we arrived at around 145pm, they said they had run out of soup! So my colleagues and I diverted our course to Ramen Santouka instead, which was located an additional seven minutes walk at Central.


Komi-Tamago, $1.50
My colleague insisted that all of us order one each, as it is supposedly the best she has ever tried. The picture says it all. Served on a separate plate instead of immersed in the ramen, it seemed to say that it is good enough to be a dish on its own. Which I agree.


Shoyu Ramen, $13.50
Their Shoyu Ramen definitely tasted different compared to other places - it had a very slight tinge of sweetness. The best word to describe it is balanced - it was neither rich nor light. Although I am a bigger fan of rich broth, I still found this bowl enjoyable.


Ramen Santouka definitely deserves more visits, and next time, I will try their Shio Ramen, which they are supposedly more well known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment