Sunday, August 11, 2013

Unexpected Discovery

While doing my weekly stair climbing, on the 23rd floor, I chanced upon something very unexpected. It was the skin of a snake.

Snake skin
It was a pity that the skin was broken when I found it. I found the skin extremely beautiful, actually. The snake was probably only a metre long.


Look at the skin of the head - and more importantly, over the snake's eyes
It was a marvel to look at, especially the eye portion. If you look carefully, you will notice that the skin also covers the snake's eyes! What an interesting discovery.




Which led me to think next:

1) Did the snake climb all the way to the 23rd storey?
2) If so, after shedding its skin, where did it go? Could it have entered the corridor of one floor or even someone's house by accident?
3) If it didn't climb here by itself, did someone discard the skin here? (But why would someone discard the skin here and not just down the rubbish chute?)

I couldn't bear to discard it, so I put it in a ziploc bag and kept it in my room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment