Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lame excuse

For being caught on TV while using her mobile phone during the national anthem at the NDP, MP Penny Low gave a really lame excuse.

"I was so caught up in the wonderful NDP 2011 and felt so proud of being a Singaporean that I wanted to capture that moment of pride at the very tail end of the anthem, to share on Facebook with my residents."

"If in my enthusiasm I offended anyone, please accept my apologies. NDP is a time to unite, not divide. Majulah Singapura!"

Instead of giving a proper apology, she attributed her mistake to her overwhelming patriotism and loyalty to Singapore. Ending it with a "Majulah Singapura" was really the last straw. I know my hairs stood when I read this.

Update as of 12th August 2011:
It was discovered that MP Penny Low did not even post any picture at the time the national anthem was sung. According to CNA, the national anthem was sung at 810pm, but the 'nearest' picture posted by Penny Low was at 8pm. Subsequent pictures were posted at 954pm and 955pm.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/08/12/pap-malaysian-mp-penny-low-did-not-post-any-photos-on-her-facebook-when-national-anthem-was-sung/

No comments:

Post a Comment