Sunday, August 14, 2011

My presidential-unhopeful, Tan Kin Lian #1

Today, the Sunday Times had an article on Tan Kin Lian, He hopes to instil honesty & fairness

TKL has an issue with the Government on the impact of national service on Singaporean men. He claims that because men start their careers a couple of years later than women, they are disadvantaged in many ways.

"What does it mean? They marry later. What does it mean? No babies. There are many consequences," he says.

I think one does not even need much of a brain to know that national service is not the cause of our low birth rate. National service has been around since 1967. Did our birth rate fall right after it was introduced?

Maybe I should write to the Elections Department to ask if I can use my vote to offset one vote for TKL.

No comments:

Post a Comment