Saturday, November 12, 2011

Seng Kee Minced Pork Noodles @ Changi

I don't usually travel to the eastern part of Singapore, but Seng Kee Minced Pork Noodles is a place which is definitely worth my time (and petrol). Located at 316 Changi Road, it stands out because the whole place belongs to them, unlike the usual standalone stall in a hawker centre. 

I arrived here at 520pm on a Saturday, and was greeted (pleasantly) with an almost-empty restaurant. 


Braised pork ribs, $5
The pork ribs were obviously braised for quite some time, because even the soft bones can be eaten easily. The flavouring had also seeped into the meat totally, so what you get is a plate of very delicious and soft pork ribs.


Bak chor mee, $4.50
This is their standard bak chor mee. On its own, it was already very good, until I tried their special version with egg and mushroom sauce...



滑蛋肉挫面 - Bak chor mee with mushroom and egg sauce, $6
This is definitely one of the best bak chor mee I have ever eaten. Of course, with its thick sauce, it is rather different from the traditional bak chor mee, so a comparison may not be fair. The sauce was so rich, thick and delicious that every mouthful was (almost) greeted with a contented sigh. In fact, thinking about it when I am writing this makes me feel hungry again!


Fish maw soup with pork tendons, $12
A huge bowl of soup which is practically saturated with ingredients - fish maw, minced pork, mushrooms, pig liver, sliced pork, black fungus, and pork tendons. Unsurprisingly, this soup was extremely sweet and tasty. However, I think the pork tendons were quite unnecessary, so the standard fish maw soup ($8) should suffice.

After I finished my dinner here, I was already making plans to bring my whole family here soon. I am actually very surprised that there is no long queue at a restaurant that serves such fantastic food! Since the restaurant opens from 8am to 10pm, I figured that the crowds would come more often on weekdays for dinner and weekends for breakfast or late dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment