Saturday, April 30, 2011

Portfolio rebalanced

My unit trust buys and switches have been priced. This is my current allocation, which is much nearer to my original strategic allocation.

Core portfolio - 71.88%
Asia ex Japan Equity - 11.58%
Asia ex Japan Balanced - 5.35%
Emerging Markets - 9.41%
Europe Equity - 8.83%
Global Bonds - 6.45%
Singapore Equity - 11.94%
Singapore Fixed Income - 9.66%
US Equity - 8.66%

Supplementary portfolio - 28.12%
Commodities - 4.28%
High Yield - 2.16%
Taiwan Equity- 4.68%
Technology - 6.57%
China Equity - 10.43%

This would be around 76.38% equity, 5.35% balanced, and 18.26% fixed income. It is obviously skewed towards the aggressive side.

I have a RSP into Asia ex Japan Equity and Singapore Equity, so I shall leave them as it is. But I am still considering topping up into high yield, but none of the high yield funds my company carries are included under CPFIS-OA or CPFIS-SA (I am feeling a bit cash poor currently). Also, while I am confident that China will still grow in the long term, I wonder if I am over allocating to China, since my Asia ex Japan Equity already includes China (21.3% in China/Hong Kong). But as China increasingly becomes a global market leader, perhaps we should consider China as part of our core portfolio in the sense that, everyone should have at least a bit of China holdings?

No comments:

Post a Comment