Monday, April 11, 2011

PS Cafe @ Dempsey

Went to PS Cafe (Dempsey outlet) for brunch yesterday. They didn't accept reservations, so I figured that business gotta be pretty good. Indeed, when I reached there at 1115am yesterday, it was fully packed with more than 10 entries on the waiting list.

To sum everything up:

Food: Good, but not really fantastic
Ambience: Great if you sit outside and the weather is cool. The inside was a bit too noisy and the chairs were not too comfortable.
Service: Great - despite being very busy, the staff were still friendly and enthusiastic in serving customers

That leaves the last thing - price, or value for money. I ordered a PS Big Bacon & Eggs, which comes with 2 eggs done any way you want, bacon, sausage, roasted tomato, and a slice of toast. It was pretty good, but  at $22, I found it rather overpriced. So a meal for 2, along with a coffee and tea, cost me $65. To think that I used to feel that Canopy (Bishan Park) was a bit overpriced! The items at PS Cafe cost, on average, 60% to 80% more than Canopy's, but the extra satisfaction I get is definitely not proportionally more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment