Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nantsuttei @ Millenia Walk

One of my favourite ramen haunts, Nantsuttei. It is located at #03-02 Millenia Walk, at the 3rd floor of Parco.

Nantsuttei standard ramen, $12

The menu was very limited in choices, but I was satisfied with just their standard ramen. The soup was made from tonkotsu (pork bones) and was extremely rich. What separates it from other ramen is that the soup is rather black in colour, as seen in the picture. The cause is actually roast garlic oil (I don't know why it is so black though!) and according to the shop, it was created by frying garlic over seven phases and mixed into a blend. 

The soup is very rich and will be too salty for quite a few people. But for those who like their ramen soup rich (like me), they will find this bowl extremely satisfying.

The price is reasonable too - $12, and it comes with one slice of char siew. I would love to order their Negi Ramen, which comes with white shredded negi (green onions) and bannou negi (chopped thin green onions), but at $3 more just for green onions (that's 25% of the standard ramen bowl!) I thought it was a little too steep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment