Thursday, December 15, 2011

Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee @ Hong Lim Food Centre

By now, it should be obvious that Hong Lim Food Centre is one of my favourite food haunts. That place alone has many choices for good and cheap food, like curry chicken noodles, prawn noodles, crayfish hor fun, laksa yong tau fu, bak kut teh, and braised pig trotters. 


Fried kway teow, $4 for a large plate

The noodles were moist and extremely tasty, and came with just enough hum. Today's portion, however, came with an over-generous serving of crispy pork lard which tasted so delicious that I ate several pieces in the first few mouthfuls. After that, guilt took over and I started to extract the pork lard from the noodles and put them aside.

They used to deliver your order to your table, but this year they changed it to self-service (sigh). Gone were the days where I could wait for my char kway teow at the comfort of my table instead of queueing.

As I mentioned before, Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee is my favourite char kway teow, and is a must-try if you do visit Hong Lim Food Centre. I still haven't tried Bedok South's Hillstreet Char Kway Teow though, which ieat gave the highest score so far for his char kway teow reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment