Sunday, October 30, 2011

Meng Kee Char Kway Teow @ Havelock

Another place recommended by ieatishootipost, located at 22 Havelock Road. I went there at around 1130am yesterday (it was a Saturday) and there was no queue at all, to my surprise.

Meng Kee char kway teow, $3
ieat gave it 4.5/5, which is one of the highest scores for char kway teow (his top score of 4.75 is for Hillstreet Char Kway Teow, at Bedok South Road) so I had rather high expectations. It was fried in a different way, with lots of sweet sauce added, so the plate turned out to be sweeter than your usual char kway teow. It was also quite moist (which I like) and smooth, and came with bits of pork lard and hum

On its own, the dish was a bit too sweet for my liking, but it was still not bad. I very much prefer Hong Lim's char kway teow (Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee). Till now, it is still the best I have ever eaten. I wouldn't mind eating here again, but I wouldn't make a trip down specifically for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment