Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ebay - Please sign in x 20

Ebay's website is really driving me nuts.

I tried to sell a figurine of Kenshin Himura on Ebay, and after I have logged into my account and keyed in the description, uploaded the pictures etc, I clicked on 'Continue' - and was told to sign in again. So I did so, and was brought back to the same login page. 

This continued for around five times, so I tried clicking on 'Back' and reaccess my account from a different page. This time, it worked - so I went to fill up all the descriptions and information again. Okay, everything went smoothly and my figurine was finally up for sale here.

Next is Cloud Strife - and I couldn't login again, even after repeated attempts. After several more times, the login was successful - and I was told that I have signed in from a different computer this time (what?) and they had to run some checks to verify my identity. I was given two options - to be contacted either via my phone number (either my stored number, which was correct, or a new number), or via email. I selected the handphone option (my stored number), and they highlighted the second option instead (new number) and said there was an error. I tried two more times, and was then told that I have exceeded the number of tries and could not choose either option anymore. What??

I was then given the choice to contact Ebay via live chat to verify my identity directly with one of their officers. Oh well, whatever. I clicked on it. After half a minute of connecting, it says that live chat is impossible now. Good job, Ebay. 

Several minutes later, I tried to login again and this time I was successful. I was able to key in the descriptions and information about Cloud Strife, then when I clicked on 'Continue' - I was told to sign in again. By this time, I think I had already keyed in my Ebay password around twenty times and was almost ready to shoot a very nasty email to Ebay to lambast them about their user-unfriendly website. Fortunately for them, the next login succeeded and Cloud Strife was finally listed for sale

Several weeks ago, I already attempted to sell some stuff on Ebay but was stuck on the 'Upload picture' part, because nothing happened when I clicked on it. And this happened persistently, even after using both Safari (on my iMac) and Google Chrome (on my laptop). 

Maybe I should start to consider other alternatives to sell my stuff. Damn you, Ebay.

Update as of 22nd Oct 2011: Stuck on the 'Upload picture' part again, because the link refused to work.  


Update as of 23rd Oct 2011: Same thing happened again. This is driving me nuts.


Update as of 24th Oct 2011: Finally the link worked! I took the chance to Ebay all the other stuff that I wanted to sell - a Marc Jacobs handbag (my mother's), a HP Photoshoot B110a wireless printer, a 750GB Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 3.5" external HDD, and a 1TB Western Digital My Book 3.5" external HDD.


Update as of 30th Oct 2011: Now their messages refused to load when I click on them. This happens on both Safari and Internet Explorer, so its definitely not a browser issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment