Sunday, October 9, 2011

Song Kee Fishball Noodles @ Toa Payoh

Song Kee Fishball Noodles is located at Block 75, Toa Payoh Lor 5. It was recommended by ieatishootipost, so I decided to give it a try. 

Fishball noodles from Song Kee Fishball Noodles

When the noodles came, the first thing that I noticed was its abundance of chilli oil. There was a thick layer of oil at the bottom of the bowl (check out the spot between the two meatballs at the bottom of the picture - do you see the oil glistening?), and I had to spend some time trying to remove some of it before I mixed the noodles with the chilli.

The noodles were not bad. The chilli was pretty tasty too, though I wished it could be a bit spicier. But the spotlight should be on their fishballs and meatballs. One bite of the fishballs and meatballs and I could immediately deduce that they were definitely handmade - they tasted so fresh, very much unlike the common fishballs and meatballs you encounter outside. And the fishballs were also extremely bouncy. I even imagined throwing a fishball on the floor and seeing it bounce. Or using it as a ping pong ball for table tennis. But why waste a good fishball?

I wouldn't mind coming here again. But the next time, I will ask them to take it easy on the chilli oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment