Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Poor Advertising


I have nothing against the deal. But what irked me was their advertising pictures. 

coupon from Asia Music School Deals Near Me
A perfect example of how NOT to place your hands when playing the piano.
This hand position is wrong. The fingers are supposed to be more firm and curved. And why is the thumb slouching below the piano key level?


/14/52/1324817685214.jpg
Her violin position is almost painful to look at.

This is even more laughable. While I am not a violinist, I do play the cello and I have played in an orchestra many times, so I do have a certain degree of familiarity with string instruments. Firstly, she is holding the bow wrongly. Her fingers look as if she is about to cut a piece of steak with a knife. Secondly, what is the bow doing at around 45 degrees across the violin? The bow should be almost perpendicular to the violin. And thirdly, what's with that chicken-wing-like thrust-up elbow?

Dear Asia Music School, with this kind of advertising, I would never recommend anyone to sign up with your school. I doubt your teaching capabilities if you don't even know that these positions are wrong. Or could it be due to ignorance from your marketing department? Either way, you fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment