Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ramen Keisuke Dining @ Millenia Walk

Another popular place for ramen. It belongs to the same chain of ramen restaurants as Tonkotsu King, and is located opposite Nantsuttei, at Millenia Walk #03-02. 

Their ramen choices were pretty standard - Tonkotsu ramen, Tokyo shoyu ramen, Tokyo shio ramen, and Tokyo miso ramen. Wanting to try something different, I ordered the Watarikani ramen, which actually stands for crab stock ramen. Just like Tonkotsu King, customers can choose to customise their ramen in the following ways:

Oil = No oil, less oil, normal, more oil
Noodles = Soft, normal, hard, harder
Soup = Light, normal, rich

* Choices in bold are those that were unavailable in Tonkotsu King during my previous visit.



Watarikani ramen with flavoured egg, $15.80

I have actually eaten this before, and I remember it tasted better in the past. Today's crab stock soup was a tad disappointing - it tasted a bit diluted, even though I selected 'rich' for my soup. However, the egg was still the best, just like Tonkotsu King - perfectly cooked in the sense that the egg white was just cooked, while the egg yolk was semi-runny and you could taste the seasoning they used. 

I ordered 'normal' for my noodles, but it still came out harder than I expected. Not sure if this is normal; maybe I will order 'soft' next time.

And there's also a free flow of marinated beansprouts!


Free flow of marinated beansprouts. I think I ate a third of this bottle.

So far, I have only tried their crab stock ramen. Maybe its time to order their tonkotsu ramen for my next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment