Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Creating time

I have always found myself to be short of time. But recently, I learnt one good way of "creating" time - and that is to sleep early.

When I sleep early, say, by 11pm, I usually wake up early to do stuff. Important stuff, stuff that really matter. For example, to hit the gym when it is practically empty, or to go to office earlier to clear some work. Early mornings are usually more productive because there are less distractions - no one to walk over to your desk and demand that you solve their problems, no one to call you to ask for help, and so on. And because of this, you clear more work, go home earlier, and have more free time.

I suppose most people should be aware of the points above. But one thing that many people miss out is that by sleeping early, you cut your nights short. And what do people usually spend their nights doing? I am generalising here, but chances are that they are less important stuff like surfing Facebook, watching television, or simply just slacking around and not doing anything. At least for me, it is. 

So recently, I have been making a conscious effort to sleep early and wake up early, either to go to the gym or just to get a headstart in office. And I find that my productivity has improved tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment