Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Health checkups and examinations

After suffering a painful gout attack a month ago, I decided that it was time for a blood test again. Knowing that that was going to be quite a bit of feasting coming up, I took it last Saturday early morning, before a $1,200+ lunch for six pax at Shabu Shabu Gen and a substitute Morton's steak dinner at a friend's place. Before the results were out, this was the true safety window when I could throw caution out of the window and eat whatever I want. 

Somehow, this reminds me of when I was in primary school. While mugging for exams, obviously I couldn't (or not supposed to) slack. But the safety window was when exams were just over - that was when I could enjoy my freedom for a short period of time. Once the results were out, however, I wouldn't be allowed to have fun if my results sucked. (Which happened occasionally if I were to get below 95!)

The results came three days later. My heart sank when I saw the multiple 'H's on the report (stands for 'High'). My total cholesterol, total/HDL ratio, LDL-cholesterol, and uric acid were all high. Argh! 

Time to watch my diet. No more kway chiap, foie gras, scallops, and less alcohol and seafood. My life has lost so much meaning... sobs

No comments:

Post a Comment