Sunday, June 16, 2013

GRUB @ Bishan Park

GRUB opened its doors only recently, and I have heard how long the queues are during mealtimes. My gf and I visited GRUB for breakfast only because my Canopy discount card was missing (forgot who I lent it to). We reached there shortly after 9am and still managed to get a seat indoors.


Truffled egg cocotte, $7
Two soft boiled eggs, with bacon bits, spring onion, and some truffle oil. And focaccia bread for dipping. The eggs were done quite well, and the saltiness of the bacon means that no dark soy sauce is required. 

While this didn't cost much in absolute terms, when it comes to soft boiled eggs, I would still prefer our local version with dark soy sauce and pepper. And the small portion means that this is almost certainly not enough for most people. Which was why we ended up ordering another cheeseburger to share.


GRUB Breakfast Set, $15
Their "big breakfast" set, which comes with tomato chutney, garlic pork sausage (can also opt for beef), mushroom, salad, scrambled eggs, and focaccia bread. I found the scrambled eggs unsatisfactory; it was dry and not fluffy at all. In fact, I think the tomato chutney was the best in this plate.


GRUB Cheeseburger, $11
The fries impressed me more than the burger, whose beef patty was a bit tough and lacking of beef flavour. 


To sum up, I like GRUB's design and ambience more than its food. There is something about it being a lone building located amongst the greenery of Bishan Park. Average-only food, reasonable prices, but portions on the small side. They welcome dogs too, so this is another place for dog owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment