Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bari-Uma @ Tanglin Shopping Centre

Chanced upon this place when I was nearby, and being a ramen fan, I went to google it once I got home. Reviews turned out to be quite impressive, so shortly after, I dropped by for a visit.

Ajitama-Uma, $15
The soup was rich and yet not too salty, though it was a bit oily. The noodles were springy, and the egg was passable (still loses to Tonkotsu King's). But that piece of chashu was the thing that sealed the deal. It was - hands-down - the best I have ever tasted. It was flame grilled and so tender that it melts in your mouth. And the miso topping on it served to accentuate the flavour of the pork, making it so wonderfully delicious. I was tempted to order a side order of the chashu ($9 for four pieces) but I held back as I was already quite full.

Nori-Uma, $15.50
This was largely the same as the first bowl, except that you get seaweed instead of egg. Since the egg wasn't fantastic, I thought this was a worthy substitution.


I am definitely coming back here again. Maybe with a group of my ramen-loving friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment