Friday, September 6, 2013

Black pug and mooncakes

Mid-autumn festival is just around the corner, and inevitably, my family is reminded of Garfield. 

Garfield loves mooncakes. He loves it to the extent that once he hears the word "mooncake", his ears would perk up, his eyes would shine, and he would start spinning around. And with every bite, he would already be looking forward for the next bite, showing his impatience with either an anxious whine or an insistent paw.

We offered some mooncakes for Garfield just now, hoping that in the other world, he would still be able to enjoy one of his favourite foods while he was alive. 

Last night, I dreamt of Garfield again. I was at our old house, and while coming down the stairs, I saw Garfield at the base of the staircase, looking up at me expectantly. In the dream, I rushed downstairs, calling out his name in both disbelief and joy, and hugged him tight. 

My pillow was damp when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment