Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sarang Korean Bistro @ Orchard Central

The first Korean food addition to the Palate program - Sarang Korean Bistro. Being located at Orchard Central was probably one reason why they enlisted the help of the program to attract more diners. Paid them a visit after work on a weekday.


Chicken Terrine, $16
This was one of the more special dishes. There were bits of ginseng in the terrine, and gives you a burst of ginseng flavour whenever you bite into them. However, other than the uniqueness, it was just decent only. I would recommend ordering it once just to try, but that's all.


Pork belly, $22
The pork was too tough and chewy. When I told the staff, I was informed that it was supposed to be this chewy (which I doubt). However, it was a nice gesture from her to offer us some extra sauce and lettuce to go along with it after my feedback.


Oxtail soup, $23
I must admit that my initial expectation of this soup was more towards the Western kind. So I was quite surprised when I saw their clear version. It was a bit too bland, and the meat was tough and chewy.


This place fell way short of my expectations. Will not visit here again, even with the 50% Palate discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment