Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chili's @ Tanglin Mall

I used to visit Chili's quite often during my teenager years, and I still recall dropping by their outlet at Great World City for birthday celebrations and gatherings. Unfortunately, they closed their doors in during the early 2000s, if I recall correctly.

But in 2009, they re-entered Singapore, and now have four outlets at Tanglin Mall, Resorts World Sentosa, Central, and J-Cube. Paid them a visit for lunch with my gf today. 

My parents warned me that their portions are really big, so instead of our usual two main courses + one starter, we opted for just one main course and one starter. And yet, we couldn't finish it. 


Triple Dipper, $25
This seemed to be a good choice for small groups, since it gave us the option to try out three different starters. We chose their Boneless Buffalo Wings, Big Mouth Bites, and Texas Cheese Poppers. Let's review it in this order. 

The buffalo wings didn't taste like wings; they seemed to be chicken breast meat. It was also a bit dry. Big Mouth Bites are actually mini beef burgers. They tasted quite okay, though we didn't eat much of the bread (too much food!). As for the Texas Cheese Poppers, one word to describe it - urgh. That was my first impression when I took a bite. The cheese was a bit sour and had a weird taste. My gf took a bite and spat it out.


Banch Ranch Chicken Quesadilla, $22

This was good, fortunately! The filling consisted of applewood smoked bacon, cheese, and chicken, and the combination and quantity was done just right. When eaten with a bit of sour cream, it was rather satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment