Friday, June 15, 2012

Google Calendar issues

Last year, I blogged about how to sync Microsoft Outlook's calendar to the iPhone automatically without any cable connections. The key lies in using Google Calendars as a medium between the iPhone and Microsoft Outlook, and my post can be found here

Recently, I realised that calendar events were not updated in my iPhone. By updated I mean that if I create a new event on Microsoft Outlook, it turns up on my iPhone fine. But if I update it, my iPhone doesn't reflect the new timing. It's odd, because it used to work perfectly fine.

I went to Google Calendar to take a look, and yes, the event had been updated there. So the connection between Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar was fine; apparently the issue is with the connection between Google Calendar and my iPhone.

I tried to delete my Microsoft Exchange account on my iPhone and activate it again. The initial sync managed to reflect all the latest events, but once I tried to update an event (on Outlook) again, it did not reflect on my iPhone. 

What could be the issue? Arghhh. I need to do more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment