Monday, June 25, 2012

The Tastings Room @ Marina Square

Yet another visit here, due to a friend's incessant bugging. But this time, I really felt that I have been coming here too often, so I don't foresee a next visit at least within the next three months or more.


Truffle Wild Mushroom Risotto, $24.90
Compared to their previous servings for risotto, this looked quite... small. They have been coming out with a slew of discounts and offers via Groupon and so on, and I guess this has caused them to scrimp a bit more on the quantity. 

I thought that they added a bit too much truffle oil, actually. Prior to this, I thought truffle oil was something very expensive, but recently I found out that most truffle oil do not contain any truffles at all. Most of it is made up of olive oil that has been artificially flavoured using a synthetic agent. In this case, the truffle oil was a bit too overpowering and distorted the taste of the risotto somewhat. 


Confit of French Duck Leg, $29.90
The duck was supposedly imported from France. I have always hesitated to order duck confit, because the majority of duck confits ended up too dry. This dish was no exception.


Past visits:
2nd June 2012
29th May 2012
17th April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment