Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mythbusting #1

I am always amazed by how easily people believe random things they find on the internet or hear from someone. For example, someone told me this a few months ago.

"You shouldn't feed your dog with so much bread! My friend told me that bread is not good for dogs..."

I scoffed at her, and told her to show me the proof first. She went to check, and came up triumphantly with this from here:

"Yeast dough (dough prior to cooking) - the yeast can continue to rise in the dog's stomach and cause painful bloating, gas and even rupture of the intestines or stomach."

I pointed out that the description already states that yeast dough is dough prior to cooking, so it is different from bread. Further research yielded merely opinions rather than facts. The most ridiculous one was that dogs should not eat too much bread because the excessive carbohydrates may cause them to get fat.

Erm... doesn't the first part apply to all food in general and even to humans, in the sense that we all should not eat too much of something? And the fact about the excessive carbohydrates are basically 废话 because too much carbohydrates would obviously make anyone fat, dog or human! I might as well say that 'dogs should not eat too much lard because the excess fat and oil may make them obese'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment