Saturday, June 16, 2012

Modified events on MS Outlook not appearing on iPhone

Still couldn't solve the issue with modified Microsoft Outlook events not updating correctly on my iPhone, so I turned to the Google Product Forums for help. I went to test a variety of scenarios before posting, and here they are:


Create new event on MS Outlook --> Google Calendar updated correctly --> iPhone updated correctly

Modify existing event on MS Outlook --> Google Calendar updated correctly --> iPhone not updated

Create new event on iPhone --> Google Calendar updated correctly --> MS Outlook updated correctly

Modify existing event on iPhone --> Google Calendar updated correctly --> MS Outlook updated correctly

Create new event on Google Calendar --> MS Outlook and iPhone updated correctly

Modify existing event on Google Calendar --> MS Outlook and iPhone updated correctly


The issue is obviously very specific. I found a way to get around it though, which is to go to my iPhone Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars --> Exchange, disable Calendars, and enable it again. This would wipe out all my calendar events, and then subsequently download them from Google Calendars again. This would ensure that everything is updated, but it is only a temporary solution. Another method is only to update events on my Google Calendar (instead of MS Outlook), but again, I would prefer a permanent solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment