Thursday, March 8, 2012

"The new iPad"

"The new iPad" just got announced, and surprisingly, they decided to drop the numbering behind. Somehow, I feel that dropping it reduces the hype about it somewhat, and that calling it "the new iPad" seemed like it has moved one step back instead of forward. But maybe that's just me. 

This aside, the new features were hardly exciting (to me, that is). A better display - this was definitely expected. A 5MP iSight camera - not really surprising too, considering how lousy the iPad 2's camera was. Being able to connect to 4G networks... okay, maybe we will be moving towards that soon. But will it happen in one year? (I might as well wait till the next iPad gets released next year. Wait - what will it be called? "The newer iPad"?) And a microphone for Siri - well, as I mentioned before, I don't really think Siri is useful. 

And for these features, it weighs 49g more and is 0.61mm thicker. Is it worth buying? Yes, if you don't have an iPad now. But if you already have an iPad 2, I think people can just stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment