Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tung Lok Signatures @ Vivocity

Next restaurant on the Palate program - Tung Lok Signatures, at Vivocity.

Deep-fried Silver Bait with Seven Spices, $8
Not salty enough, and the taste of the fish was overwhelmed by the batter.


Pan-fried French Foie Gras and Beancurd Skin served with Pancake, $14.80
A new way of eating foie gras to me - wrapping it with the beancurd skin (reminds me of Peking duck). But the foie gras was over-cooked - a sin when it comes to foie gras!


Steamed Chicken with Fungus and Red Dates, $20
Only thigh meat was used for this dish, which was a plus. The chicken was still rather tender, and the taste of the gravy was not bad. But once I bit into the chicken, the insides were quite tasteless. 


Poached Crispy Rice with Fresh Crab Meat in Superior Broth, $32
I expected this to a strong-flavoured dish, because it had crab meat and superior broth. But it turned out to be too light and watery. Quite disappointing.


Total bill came up to $44.75 after the 50% discount. Honestly, I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the dishes and wouldn't order any of them if I were to come here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment