Friday, March 30, 2012

Prego @ Fairmont Hotel

Prego has been one of my favourite places for pasta for many years, and part of the reason is because of the Feed at Raffles membership that was bundled in my AMEX card since 2008. When AMEX decided to change their dining benefits to Palate, Prego was one of the main reasons I decided to buy the Feed at Raffles membership separately.



Spinach salad, $22
This is a fantastic starter, with tuna, corn, red onions, and grilled zucchini. I have no idea what dressing was used (I only know that it is cream-based) but it goes extremely well with the spinach and salad, and definitely helped to work up my appetite!



Saffron Fusilli, $34

This was one of best pasta I have ever had, and ever since I tried it at Prego, I found myself ordering it on almost every subsequent visit. It comes with zucchini, chives and an extremely generous serving of crab meat. The crab meat was large and chunky, and the seafood cream sauce was obviously made using crab as well. This gives the dish an unbelievably rich seafood flavour. 



Organic Risotto, $34
The dish looks simple enough - risotto with tiger prawns, saffron, and fennel fronds. Today's fennel fronds tasted a bit more sour than usual, but the tiger prawns were bigger and pan-fried just long enough to give it a slightly brown covering and smoky taste. Out of the many times I have ordered this dish, today's was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment