Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chong Pang Nasi Lemak @ Sembawang

It has been more than a decade since I last visited Chong Pang Nasi Lemak. During those days, I was still serving my national service and would occasionally be posted to Sembawang Air Base for night exercises. When we were done, we would take a cab down to Chong Pang Nasi Lemak for a supper feast, and all of us would always order at least two chicken wings each.

Chong Pang Nasi Lemak. Total cost = $12







The rice was light and soft, but not fragrant enough. Chilli was more on the sweet side; I would have preferred it to be a bit hotter. The fried fish was quite good and it was fried until most of the bones were crunchy enough to be eaten, and the ikan bilis (without peanuts) were excellent and go very well with the chilli and rice. I would have preferred them to be a bit more generous with the ikan bilis though.

The best was still their chicken wings, which were lightly battered and fried very well such that it was a bit crispy on the outside and yet wonderfully juicy on the inside. I am glad I ordered two at one go!

The rest were just so-so only - the otah, lady's finger (a bit too tough), and curry vegetables. However, the ngor hiang was really disappointing; it tasted very starchy and there was almost no taste of the usual fillings.

No comments:

Post a Comment