Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Haato & Co @ Thomson Plaza

Haato & Co is definitely more well known for their ice cream rather than for their breakfast, but I have visited here three times and I think it is worth mentioning. 

Located on the second floor of Thomson Plaza, just outside NTUC Fairprice Finest, it is hardly a place to consider for breakfast, especially with Wang Cafe just beside it. However, in terms of value for money, this place stands out.

I ordered their breakfast set, which comes with two eggs (fried or scrambled), choice of sausages or ham, two pieces of toast, and salad. It also comes with a cup of coffee. Can you guess how much it costs? When I asked some of my friends, they all gave the same answer range - more than $10. But the truth is...

Breakfast set
...it costs just $5.50. Yes, $5.50, with no service charge or GST! Compare this to McDonald's - I think it costs around the same as a breakfast meal. But for this quality, it is definitely worth much more. And they serve rather good black coffee too, not the cheap and lousy coffee from McDonald's. The sausages were quite good too, while the eggs and toast were also quite nicely done. Fried eggs and toast don't really vary much anyway, do they?

In fact, I find this meal so value-for-money that I wouldn't be surprised if they increased prices soon. In Singapore's context, I can almost say that it is 'too cheap'.

I had better enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment