Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hummerstons @ Robertson Walk

Hummerstons is located on the second level of Robertson Walk, and is delightfully quiet on a Sunday morning at 10am. Once I stepped in, I thought to myself that if the food is okay, I would love to visit here again for brunch and chill out with my iPad.

They were supposedly well known for their pancakes, but I didn't order any as I am not a fan of pancakes. So instead, I ordered the Hummerstons Breakfast while my gf ordered their Eggs Gloria.


The Hummerstons Breakfast, $24
This came with a choice of egg (scrambled, sunny, fried, or poached), bacon, smoked pork & garlic sausage, mushroom, roasted tomato, toast and potatoes. I guess such 'American breakfasts' are easily the favourite in most brunch places. Back bacon was given instead of streaky bacon, and the smoked pork and garlic sausage was a nice touch and welcome change compared to the usual sausages out there, though it was a little too tough. The eggs were also fried with a bit too much oil, and I actually had to use a piece of tissue paper to absorb the excess puddles of oil on it. Still, it was a good and hearty way to start the day!


Eggs Gloria, $20
This was baked homemade bread and egg, with house tomato sauce, goats chevre, spinach, and mushrooms. It was my first time trying Eggs Gloria, so I couldn't compare it to other versions, but by itself I thought this was pretty good. It was certainly refreshing when I tried their house tomato sauce - it was so different from bottled tomato sauce and was so... fresh!


When we walked past Epicurious after this, we saw that it was full and there was a queue outside. Looking at this, ambience-wise, I would definitely choose Hummerstons as it was much more tranquil, quiet and peaceful. You can still chill out after eating without feeling guilty or pressurised to leave due to any queue outside. Still, I would definitely want to try Epicurious one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment