Sunday, April 8, 2012

Miharu Sapporo Ramen @ Gallery Hotel

Ever since my friend introduced me to Miharu Sapporo Ramen, I have been a die-hard fan of it. Till now, it still remains the top of my ramen list. When we passed by Gallery Hotel after our brunch at Hummerstons, I couldn't resist it and ordered one bowl to share. This time, I tried something different.


Rich Miso Pork Flavoured Ramen with Fried Garlic Oil, $13

To me, the essence of the ramen lies in the soup. If the soup tastes fantastic, I can (almost) forgive everything else. As usual, the soup did not disappoint. Thick and rich with miso flavour, every mouthful was an enjoyment. The pork, however, was a let-down - it was too tough. The egg was okay, but still loses out to Tonkotsu King's. Sesame oil and garlic oil was added to the soup. While it may sound too oily, just the right amount was added such that there was a good balance between the enhanced taste and the soup not being too oily.

No comments:

Post a Comment